AquaLilyPad Owner’s Manual and Warranty Information
SAFETY INFORMATION FOR PROPER USE
CONSISTENT WITH ALL ACTIVITY-BASED WATER TOYS
- The AquaLilyPad is designed to be used in a large body of water with a minimum depth of 10 to 12 feet. Place it in an area away from boat traffic and free of obstructions, including but not limited to, weeds, logs, sandbars, rocks or other objects. Do not use on land or in swimming pools.
- This product is to be used for recreational purposes only. Use of this product involves inherent risks of personal injury. This product does not have any braking or steering devices. Persons who use this product assume all risk of injury.
- The AquaLilyPad should never be towed, pushed or pulled by any type of watercraft. Towing the pad is dangerous and could also cause damage to the foam pad.
- Once you find the ideal, safe location to place your AquaLilyPad, attach the elastic-lead directly to your own mooring or anchor. If you plan to leave the AquaLilyPad in the water for an extended period of time during the day, we highly recommend attaching a highly-visible buoy and/or flags to the AquaLilyPad.
- The AquaLilyPad is not intended as a flotation device for poor swimmers – it is recommended that all users wear an approved US Coast Guard personal flotation device (PFD) life vest before entering the water.
- Use common sense. Do not allow horseplay.
- Children should be under adult supervision at all times.
- Never use the AquaLilyPad while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never use the AquaLilyPad while tired or fatigued. Use extreme caution while swimming between the shore and the AquaLilyPad. Do not attempt to swim this distance if you are tired or fatigued
- Use the AquaLilyPad only under mature adult supervision. Never enter the water or play on the AquaLilyPad alone.
- Maximum carrying load per person on the water is 300 pounds – do not jump from other objects.
- Do not swim or play under the AquaLilyPad. Do not dive from the AquaLilyPad.
- Never use in stormy weather or after dark.
- Inspect pad, tethers, elastic cords, anchors and hardware before each use.
- If the AquaLilyPad is anchored, precautions should be taken to eliminate activities that could cause entanglement in the rope and/or anchoring device.
- The AquaLilyPad should always be kept visible on the water. Even though the pad is brightly colored, additional visibility such as buoys and/or flags may be needed. Never store or use the AquaLilyPad in the water during low light conditions such as storms or non daylight hours.
- Always secure the AquaLilyPad from unauthorized or unsupervised use. Remove the AquaLilyPad from the water when not in use to avoid unsupervised or unauthorized use. Do not leave on the water year round.
- For more safety information visit smartboater.ca
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
The AquaLilyPad is made from cross-linked polyethylene foam and does not require any other flotation device or air, so set up and maintenance are simple.
Wipe off any foreign materials that could scuff or tear the surface.
As with all products, to protect the surface skin and color, it is recommended to reduce exposure to direct UV sun light for extended periods of time. UV rays are damaging to the surface and could cause fading and hazing of the surface if left in sunlight for weeks at a time. To prolong the life and look of your AquaLilyPad it needs to be kept dry and protected from direct sunlight when not in use.
For long storage periods, remove your AquaLilyPad from the water and let dry, then roll using the Velcro straps. Store in a location protected from the elements away from the shore.
The AquaLilyPad comes with a three-year limited warranty. The three-year limited warranty set forth below is given by Aqua Lily Products, LLC with respect to product(s) purchased and used in the United States and internationally.
Our product(s), when delivered to you in a new condition in original container, are warranted against defects in material or workmanship for one year, as long as the product remains the possession of the original owner. Defective product(s) returned to Aqua Lily Products or authorized service location and proven to be defective upon inspection, will be repaired or exchanged for new product(s) or part(s) where applicable. The warranty period for any replacement product shall be consistent with the terms of the Warranty.
When returning any product under this Warranty, you must first contact Aqua Lily Products to obtain a return authorization number. The product must be packaged in its original carton with a copy of proof of purchase, together with a complete explanation of the problem. Shipping charges, if any, must be prepaid. Products covered by this Warranty will be returned to you without charge by Aqua Lily Products.
This three-year limited warranty covers all defects encountered in normal use of the product and does not apply in the following cases:
- Loss or damage to the product due to abuse; mishandling; alteration; accident; failure to follow operating, maintenance or storage instructions; service performed by a party other than Aqua Lily Products authorized service personnel; or any acts of God, including storm or animal damage.
- Wear and tear from normal use and weathering or surface snags from sharp objects or animals.
- Loss due to fading and/or hazing of the surface due to extended exposure (defined in Care and Maintenance) to UV sunlight.
- Loss or damage to the product from towing or incorrect tethering.
- Loss or damage from the product being exposed to pressures created from jumping on it from other objects or from pressures created from constraining the pad while in use.
No implied warranty (or condition), including any implied warranty (or condition) of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, applies to the product after the applicable period of express warranty stated above, and no other express warranty or guaranty, except as mentioned above, given by any person, firm, or corporation with respect to the product shall bind Aqua Lily Products.
Aqua Lily Products, LLC shall not be liable for loss of revenue or profit, failure to realize savings or other benefits, or for any other special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use, misuse or inability to use the product regardless of the legal theory on which the claim is based, and even if Aqua Lily Products has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Nor shall recovery of any kind against Aqua Lily Products be greater in amount than the purchase price of the product sold by Aqua Lily Products and causing the alleged damage.
Without limiting the foregoing, you assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to others and their property arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use any product sold by Aqua Lily Products not caused directly by the negligence of Aqua Lily Products. This three-year limited warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of any product.
This three-year limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary by local jurisdiction.